Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

383man
Regular Visitor

PBI Desktop different than PBI Online same report

Weird one... so i have a report published to an App, and yesterday worked with IT to get the refresh gateways all setup, all is good on that now, and it is refreshing the data, awesome... however, i noticed that one of the pages is displaying the data wrong. a table that has whole numbers is showing a decimal instead with like 10 zeros after the decimal, a result card is showing the incorrect data in it that is showing correctly in desktop, and conditional formatting for colors in the same table as the decimal issue isn't formatting at all. I tried republishing, updating the app, I even deleted the report from the workspace and app, then republished, no go... any thoughts?

How it looks in the PBI DesktopHow it looks in the PBI Desktophow the online version appears in the apphow the online version appears in the app

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
383man
Regular Visitor

So found the solution(s), turns out that i had changed the table data from data type "decimal number" to data type "text", but just in the table viewer, not in query editor, and for some reason, PBI online was using the query editors basis to change the data... partially... but it was still text type, suppppper weird, anyways, i changed the type to text in query editor and that issue went away. the time being off on my calculated block was due to me using =Now() but forgetting that the PBI online runs on a different time zone than our local Mountain time is, so it throwing it off, just did =Now()-.25 now it's all good, thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
383man
Regular Visitor

So found the solution(s), turns out that i had changed the table data from data type "decimal number" to data type "text", but just in the table viewer, not in query editor, and for some reason, PBI online was using the query editors basis to change the data... partially... but it was still text type, suppppper weird, anyways, i changed the type to text in query editor and that issue went away. the time being off on my calculated block was due to me using =Now() but forgetting that the PBI online runs on a different time zone than our local Mountain time is, so it throwing it off, just did =Now()-.25 now it's all good, thanks!

383man
Regular Visitor

I tried that, so I forgot to mention, another odity is that the table data that is getting all the zeros added, that's actually a text type of data, not even a number, making it extra weird! i downloaded the report, took a look at the data, it's still set as text but has the zeros, changed the type to whole number and the zeros went away, and back to text and they stayed away... the card that was displaying the wrong time had the right time when downloaded for some reason.

Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @383man ,

what I would do , is download this report from the service to check what's happening to the values and thn fix it.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors