Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

maxsuharevsky
Frequent Visitor

PBI Desktop - Refresh is not counting rows

I am connecting to SQL Analysis Services and when Refreshing tables rows count is stuck at the same number of rows and not displaying the progress, eventually, it completes the refresh but sometimes (due to the size) it times me out. 
How to display the progress so that I can see growing rows? If connecting to excel table or csv MB size is dynamically growing but when via refreshing Analysis Services it stuck at some random number (see below = 403 rows from ...)

maxsuharevsky_0-1700932406642.png

4 REPLIES 4
maxsuharevsky
Frequent Visitor

Would be great to hear if anyone else is experiencing similar issue with the refresh from Analysis Services? 

#PBI Desktop - Refresh is not counting rows

v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @maxsuharevsky ,

Try Disable Parallel Data Loading:  Options and settings -> Settings -> Under Current File -> Data Load -> Parallel Loading, check the disable parallel loading option.

vcgaomsft_0-1701250045210.png

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum -- China Power BI User Group

Maybe you have another solution as it is still not working for me the way it should work. Thanks

Hi Gao, I have checked that option and unfortunately still when refreshing the table the row count is stuck at randon number 😞

Please see my settings below

Thanks and awaiting for more tips.

Global > Data Load

maxsuharevsky_0-1701260439075.png

Current file > Data Load

maxsuharevsky_1-1701260486887.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.