Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

PBI Bar Chart - bar starting points

Hi. I have two bar charts one above the other. Due to each using different names, the bars start at different X axis points and as a result don't look aligned.

Would love to find a way for all of the bars in both charts to line up exactly at the same starting X-Axis point. It would be an enormous help!

5 REPLIES 5
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

There is no such options for it now. If you need to put the legend on the left, it all depends on the length of the legend. Maybe you can try to reduce the size of the legend in the second visual.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, that's a good idea that allowed the bars to start at the same position on the X Axis.
But doesn't solve our format issue, we are looking for the text to stay on the left but begin each bar to the right, at a specific X point. 

Kind of like this picture that shows 2 charts w one above the othercharts lined up.png

v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Would you please try to set position of legend to top instead of left:

Capture5.PNG

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous 

It would be helpful if you could provide sample data and depiction of the expected output. 
Please read this post for guidance on asking questions to make it easier for us to provide help.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply.

here is the attachment. As you will see from in the attachment, the image shows the bars of both charts starting at different x axis.

What I'm attempting to do is to have all bars start at the exact same point in the charts. That way if one charts has trends that are described with a few words (# of unique callers) the bars can start in the same position as another trend line who's description is of a different length (Patient Showed)

I know i can move the charts but doing that also moves the text, so i can physically line them up, but then the text becomes out of alignment.
Capture2.GIF

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors