Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Anonymous
Not applicable

P & L report, wireframe , doable? using powerbi / inforiver/ builder?

Hi All,

I have got a new reuirement wireframe , which is a P & L report.  I was not able to figure out , if teh requirement is achievable or not If yes, how? I tried with matrix & inforover visuals,  can anybody help me with my questions by taking a look at wirframe?

breifly , 

1. rows  will have upto 4 levels. highlighted in blue/green are level 1

2. the rest of the values on rows in wirframe are level 2 

3. on columns , I have to show MTD , YTD values for the selected month starting current year to last 4 years

4. YTD columns have to have expand /collapse option to go till month level (can see starting from N column)

5. columns H, I , J , AA, AB , AC are calcualted, formula : (G8-C8)/C8

6. Row no 16, is calculated row based on above category totals, I have many such calculated rows if I scroll down on the wireframe

link.jpg

Thanks in advance

Sandhya

2 REPLIES 2
Peter_Marsh
Regular Visitor

This is precisely the reason why it is important to create a dashboard wireframe before actually creating a proper dashboard. Wireframes help in making you understand if a dashboard actually conveys your ideas well or not. You can take help from powerful dashboard wireframing tools like Mokkup. With its drag and drop feature, youll be able to create a dashboard wireframe in minutes, and it will save you so much time and effort. Hope this tip helps!

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

Check this blog post

https://blog.enterprisedna.co/how-to-create-profit-and-loss-statements-in-power-bi/

There are several examples online.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

February 2024 Update Carousel

Power BI Monthly Update - February 2024

Check out the February 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Fabric Career Hub

Microsoft Fabric Career Hub

Explore career paths and learn resources in Fabric.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.

Top Solution Authors