Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

KrisT
Frequent Visitor

Overwrite already existing Published Dashboard

Hi All,

Before the January 2016 desktop software update, I was able to Publish changes made in the Desktop version of PowerBI to the web for others to access as live tile reports, coupled with a few web only reports from data queries.

With the recent January update of the desktop software, whenever I click Publish, I now get an error stating "This report was already published to the selected destination".

Does anyone know if this is a bug/intentional?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
KrisT
Frequent Visitor

Just a heads up to everyone with this issue. I installed the 64bit version from here and that seemingly solved the problem. I'm unsure if it is the 64 bit version which provided the fix, or if a minor update had been pushed out since I created this topic. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
KrisT
Frequent Visitor

Just a heads up to everyone with this issue. I installed the 64bit version from here and that seemingly solved the problem. I'm unsure if it is the 64 bit version which provided the fix, or if a minor update had been pushed out since I created this topic. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've the x64 version and I still with this problem publishing the report..

Try reinstalling the desktop software from the link I provided.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Works here, thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm with the same problem. My solution is delete all data from powerbi online and then publish again. I think it is an issue.

Thanks for your response.  Unfortunately deleting everything online, re doing every query, and then resharing dashboards after every change to the design wouldn't be viable!

Here's hoping it is just an issue that is going to be resolved.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The only thing that I need to delete is the dataset on powerBI online

https://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/contentlist

Hope a quick solution for this too.

Clicking Remove on the dataset gives me the following warning: 'All reports and dashboard tiles containing data from this dataset will also be deleted'. I'm hesitant to click the button.

If I were to upload a new dataset with the same name, would the reports and dashboards become re-populated with that new data?

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you delete your dataset, you will lose everything. I try to add a new page to my report and republish, but unsuccessful. If you have dashboards don't delete your dataset online. We will need to wait for a solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.