Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TimmK
Helper IV
Helper IV

Outlook Email Statistics

A customer sends an email with an order request. This request needs to be clarified as the product is complex and needs to be tailored to the customer's need. Thus, emails are sent back and forth between the customer and our customer agent.

Now we want to see how fast a customer agent replies to each email from the customer. Is this generally possible with Power BI? If yes, how? Or is it easier to use an Outlook add-on or software for email statistics? Can you recommend one?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @TimmK,

I'd like to suggest you connect to the Microsoft Exchange service to analyze your email records.
Notice: these records are not such readable so you may need to do some additional steps to shape/transform these data first.

Analyzing your Microsoft Exchange Account Data with Power Query | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsof...

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
agustinamar

Hi, I hope you can answer this question. I am working with an outlook database, and to know the days elapsed since an email with a case to be resolved is received until its resolution, but I would not know how to put together the formula (I have the dates of sent and received), since there would be many mails (different cases per client) I thought of doing it by subject: when it starts, put region_customername_test1 and when region_customername_resolved_test1 is resolved. Would you have any suggestion? Is this possible to do? Thank you in advance

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @TimmK,

I'd like to suggest you connect to the Microsoft Exchange service to analyze your email records.
Notice: these records are not such readable so you may need to do some additional steps to shape/transform these data first.

Analyzing your Microsoft Exchange Account Data with Power Query | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsof...

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.