Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bgreiner
Frequent Visitor

Organize Parameter Fields in Display Folders

It would be great to add something similar to the "Display Folder" functionality that currently exists for fields, such that one could organize or group Field Parameters (and even tables while you're at it!).
Field Paramters are amazingly useful, and so I'm finding that I am creating many of them within the same report. They show up in the data model view similar to tables, which means that there is no way to visually organize them in the list- of the "Fields" pane, and I find I'm spending a lot of time searching for the right one. Display folders would fix it!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bgreiner
Frequent Visitor

I came up with a sort of solution for this...adding it here in case it is helpful to others...Field parameters can be directly edited in the DAX, and so the 'table' can be created with a large number of rows, then additional columns can be added, which allow you to group the fields (rows in the DAX table)in whatever way you like.  Then in the report, you can add slicers or filters to each report or visual to choose which part(s) of the field parameter should be active. This allows you to condense how many field parameter tables show up in the navigation and the fields pane. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
bgreiner
Frequent Visitor

I came up with a sort of solution for this...adding it here in case it is helpful to others...Field parameters can be directly edited in the DAX, and so the 'table' can be created with a large number of rows, then additional columns can be added, which allow you to group the fields (rows in the DAX table)in whatever way you like.  Then in the report, you can add slicers or filters to each report or visual to choose which part(s) of the field parameter should be active. This allows you to condense how many field parameter tables show up in the navigation and the fields pane. 

Hariharan_R
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @bgreiner 

Display folders are applicable for individual table. Field parameter also created as DAX table so you can't group all the field parameter tables into one display folders. 

Thanks

Hari

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as the solution.
If I helped you, click on the Thumbs Up to give Kudos.

My Blog :: YouTube Channel :: My Linkedin

Exactly! I meant to add this as a suggestion, because it's a feature I would love to have, but it looks like I posted in the wrong forum. Thanks for your reply!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.