Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

karo
Post Patron
Post Patron

Organizational Account authentication error

Hi,

Does anyone else have problems with (adding new or updating existing) connections to datasaources via Organizational Account in Power BI Desktop?

I am getting errors like below:

karo_0-1654592515251.png

The window for Authentication pops up for less than a sec and disappear. 

Any hints in troubleshooting or ideas what can be a root cause?

Regards,

Karo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @meetkholia, I am not having the issue anymore. It seems that the newest version of Power BI Desktop solves my issues (June 22). As a workaroud, you can also change Power BI Desktop settings to Use my default web browser in Authentication Browser:

1. Go to File in Power BI Desktop
  2. Select Options an settings -> Options -> Security -> Authentication Browser
  3. Enable Use my default web browser.

Regards,

Karo

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mia11691

The option to select the authentication browser is unavailable in PowerBI Desktop(September 2023) for RS.  This is the desktop version you'd download with PowerBi Report Server.  This option allowed us to bypass the Organization Account Authentication error.  Does anyone have any advice on how to work around this?  

meetkholia
Frequent Visitor

I am facing same error

Hi @meetkholia, I am not having the issue anymore. It seems that the newest version of Power BI Desktop solves my issues (June 22). As a workaroud, you can also change Power BI Desktop settings to Use my default web browser in Authentication Browser:

1. Go to File in Power BI Desktop
  2. Select Options an settings -> Options -> Security -> Authentication Browser
  3. Enable Use my default web browser.

Regards,

Karo

v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @karo 

What is the type of data source you are trying to add in Desktop? Also please check that the account you have provided and the password are correct.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.