Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mjfulton
Frequent Visitor

Oracle Analytics Cloud vs Power BI

Is there somewhere that I would be able to find a clear display of the differences between Power BI (Pro and Premium to be compared), vs Oracle Analytics Cloud? 

I am asking because our company is researching to find a centralized analytics/BI solution, and the decision is either Oracle Analytics Cloud or Power BI. We are currently using Power BI Pro for about 50 users, and it has been exactly what we have needed so far, but I have been the key driver of Power BI over the last 2 years, and now the use of Power BI is starting to get noticed at a level that our leadership team is pushing to have a centralized solution for the company. 

I have been advocating for Power BI Pro for a couple of months, but would love to receive some feedback from the community on any of your experiences, or if you have gone down a similar path! 

Thank you all in advance! 😎 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@mjfulton I can surely assist with the whole Power BI ecosystem but I don't have the knowledge to compare against Oracle cloud. I don't know what it offers but yes, for Power BI, you can reach me directly via email (in my signature) and I can share my knowledge/experience with you.

GOod luck.

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC) is an advanced version of the legacy OBIEE. It has more self-service features compared to OBIEE. Both OBIEE and OAC are great from a data management standpoint. You can create a semantic model at the Enterprise level.

However, if your users are Power BI folks, you can connect Power BI to OAC through BI Connector. The connector works with both Power BI Desktop/Service and connects to both OAC Subject Areas and Reports. It also supports both Power BI Connectivity modes - Import and Direct Query.

The Power BI Desktop to OAC connector is free forever. Check the below page for more info:

https://www.biconnector.com/visualize-oac-data-in-powerbi/ 

This way, many organizations are making the best of both tools - Power BI and OAC!

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@mjfulton I can surely assist with the whole Power BI ecosystem but I don't have the knowledge to compare against Oracle cloud. I don't know what it offers but yes, for Power BI, you can reach me directly via email (in my signature) and I can share my knowledge/experience with you.

GOod luck.

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.