Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LukeB
Frequent Visitor

Or Filter between 2 dim tables and a fact table

Hello 

I am sure there is a really simple way of creating measure for this but I'm drawing a blank. 

I have a really simple model that looks like the below. 

LukeB_0-1684926155893.png

In both Dimcustomer1 & dimcustomer 2 tables I have a vulnerability flag for the customer. 

In the fact table I have a 1 in every row. I have a measure which sums up this row as per the below

LukeB_1-1684926329089.png

How do I create another measure which provides me the volume where the vulnerability flag from dimcustomer1 = "yes" OR the vulnerability flag from dimcustomer2 = "yes"?

I have tried the below but it doesn't like me trying to filter across 2 different dims.

LukeB_2-1684926556269.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vk_pbi
Resolver II
Resolver II

Try 2 FILTER funcitons inside CALCULATE, should work
Or else create a virtual table using Summarize columns function, wheere you can groupby columns from 2 tables.

Let me know if it works

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
vk_pbi
Resolver II
Resolver II

Try 2 FILTER funcitons inside CALCULATE, should work
Or else create a virtual table using Summarize columns function, wheere you can groupby columns from 2 tables.

Let me know if it works

LukeB
Frequent Visitor

Hey 

Thanks for the quick response. So it looks like the 2 filters didn't work unless my logic is incorrect

LukeB_0-1684927711627.png

However doing it using SUMMARIZE appeared to do the trick! Thanks.

LukeB_1-1684927963814.png

Just wondered if its possible to do an OR function across 2 different tables using a CALCULATE & a FILTER function or do you always have to go down the root of a SUMMARIZE?

DAX FILTER function can support mullitple criterias but it will going to apply on a single table, it will not work for multiple tables. Like we can apply 

CALCULATE(
    [Total Sales],    
    FILTER( 'Date', OR('Date'[Year] = 2023, 'Date'[Month No] = 4)
    )

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.