Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cassidy
Power Participant
Power Participant

OneLake live connection missing data

In attempts to connect live to a LakeHouse in Desktop, only 1 of my 5 tables shows data despite data showing in full in Service.

• The 1 table that did work is the smallest of the 5, but the example below is a only a few hundred thousand rows

Displaying data values for example table in created LakeHouse in Service.  I can Query it and return any result I want.

cassidy_0-1687469232598.png
After Get Data > OneLake > choose my LakeHouse, the same table has no values at all for any column:

cassidy_1-1687469368148.png

7 REPLIES 7
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

have you synced the file on to you local?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

@vanessafvg Power BI Desktop live connected to my LakeHouse is now showing data after not checking over the weekend.

Is there a known time lag between data being added to the LakeHouse and it being available via Live Connection in Power BI Desktop?

Can you please expand on or provide documenation?  I've not read/heard about that step so far.

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

have you ever been able to pull it from the lakehouse before?  how are you connecting?  

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

This is my first attempt at live connection Power BI Desktop to a LakeHouse

Steps I took

1. Create LakeHouse
  2. Import Data
  3. Open Power BI Desktop
  4. OneLake data hub > LakeHouse
  5. Select LakeHouse > Connect

This shows me the tables in my LakeHouse.  Table structure looks good.  Data is blank.

cassidy_1-1687473681291.png

I am having the same issues. Only on certain tables, that are no diffrent then the others. 

any update on this?  I have the same issue, i can query in Power BI service and see data but using the lakehouse connector in Power BI Desktop I get no data?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.