Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PowerBIFreak
Helper II
Helper II

OneDrive Data Source - Report not refreshed automatically

Hi All,

I have created a report and I pull my data from the folder in OneDrive for business. Everything looks fine and I published my report, again everything looks just what I need. However, the automatically refresh part is giving me issues. This is the data source seetings I have:

PowerBIFreak_0-1687093959250.png

I asked our PBI admin, the path is not a web base, that's why the report and the data source is not connecting. I guess when I first started my report, I should go to the "Get Data" and select from "Web" instead of selecting my local folder. 

I don't think I need the Gateway at this point. My question is, is there anything I can do to make this report automatically refreshed when I have new file saved in the folder? 

This is the link for the folder where all my Excel files saved. Why can't I just go to change data source settings and copy and paste this link to replace whatever I currently have? Can someone help please? Thank you.

PowerBIFreak_1-1687094408206.png

4 REPLIES 4
Kishore_KVN
Super User
Super User

Hello @PowerBIFreak 

I will try to give you another better solution in a day but till that time please try one quick idea, 

remove &view=0 at the last and keep your path only till 'source' word then again try to schedule the refresh and let me know if it works. 

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it more quickly. Thank You!!

I tried it but this is the error I got. Thank you.

PowerBIFreak_0-1687180981104.png

Did your colleague changed that path in the advanced editor of his desktop file?

No. I'm the one who created this PBI report from beginning to publishing it. Nobody knows my files. I did erase the last part - "&view=0" as you suggested. Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.