Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

itchyeyeballs
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

OneDrive - Cant sign in to open or save PBIX files

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been asked before or if I am missing something obvious but I can't get the new OneDrive functionality to work in Desktop.

I have enabled the preview features and restarted but if I select OneDrive in the "Open" menu I see a screen with a green sign-in button (even though I am already signed into my account and can publish to the Service). Clicking the sign-in button doesn't do anything.

Any ideas on how to fix? 

Onedrive.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
itchyeyeballs
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Another update, Microsoft have advised:

• SharePoint team concerning "Access Denied" errors and the user is seeing that due to permissions on their SharePoint cluster.             
  • User is missing 'UseRemoteAPI' permissions.
  • Either the Admin removed that permission for the user or has enabled features like "Limited Access Lockdown Mode" that remove the UseRemoteAPIs permission. 

Waiting for my IT team to look at permissions but hopefully this will solve it and help anyone else who has the same issue and comes accross this thread

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
itchyeyeballs
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Another update, Microsoft have advised:

• SharePoint team concerning "Access Denied" errors and the user is seeing that due to permissions on their SharePoint cluster.             
  • User is missing 'UseRemoteAPI' permissions.
  • Either the Admin removed that permission for the user or has enabled features like "Limited Access Lockdown Mode" that remove the UseRemoteAPIs permission. 

Waiting for my IT team to look at permissions but hopefully this will solve it and help anyone else who has the same issue and comes accross this thread

itchyeyeballs
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Quick update, 
Just spent 1.5 hours on a call with MS support, they have been unable to identify the cause of the issue and are going to investigate internally (so at least that means I wasn't doing something stupid) 

itchyeyeballs
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Will report back 👍

itchyeyeballs
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi,

I'm on the same version.

itchyeyeballs_0-1690799955231.png

but I just get stuck on that login screen. I have tried on two different machines but got the same issue.

My account is logged in as I can publish reports to the service. 

I have a Power BI Pro license and have access to a Premium capacity. 

HI @itchyeyeballs ,

The only another thing I can think of is if you have a oneDrive linked to the account you are using on Power BI Desktop to sign in and publish reports.

Can you try logging to oneDrive using the following link?

https://onedrive.live.com/

Use the same account to login which you are using in Power BI Desktop.

I think you have a problem with your account and it's link to oneDrive.

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Thanks for getting back to me.
I can log into OneDrive fine at that address using the same account, there must be something else going on. I asked a colleague to test and they got the same issue.

I guess I'll have to log a support call with MS 😞

HI @itchyeyeballs ,

One last thing that I will ask before you log a support ticket with Microsoft.

1st thing to check is You are not using a personal account to log on to driver right? There are few limitations on this feature:

Pragati11_0-1690808773077.png

The 2nd thing to ask here is, you have checked all the pre-requisites for using this feature?

Pragati11_1-1690808828813.png

You can read more about this feature here:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-sharepoint-save-share#prerequisite...

If you are following everything mentioned here, then please go ahead and log a support ticket with Micrsoft.

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Thank you.

It's definitely not a personal OneDrive account.

The only thing on the list, I'm not sure if we have a sovereign cloud tenant (never heard of that before) so will check before we log the call.

I do get the sharing option in the top right of PowerBi but that just results in a spinning Loading symbol and requires PowerBI reboot

HI @itchyeyeballs ,

Let me know how you get along. I am keem to understand why this doesn't work.

I am assuming you have logged-in and Logged-out multiple times from Power BI as well.

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

HI @itchyeyeballs ,

I am alreday using this feature, and I don't see any of this issue on my end. I have signed in using my drive sometime back and when I click on this option, I see the files on my drive.

onedrive_test.gif

I am also on the July 2023, power bi update:

Pragati11_0-1690799706148.png

Can you share any more details as I am not able to replicate this issue at my end?

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.