Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

One count only shows grand total

I have created 4 measures, each does a count of ticket numbers on a specific column on 4 individual tables. The measures are all the same, see two examples below:

Total Incidents = COUNT('SR Incidents Closed'[Number])
Total Changes = COUNT('SR Changes Closed'[Number])

However, when I then add them to a chart by month, it does show the data from 3 of the tables as monthly totals as required, but for Incidents it shows the grand total of all 12 months against each month. Any suggestions?

Monthly chartMonthly chart
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

There is a relationship, but what is can see is that the relation**bleep** is inactive. You should activate it in order for GAG Costs to filter Insidents

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Many thanks folks, the relationship was not active as I had a relationship with another table that was stopping it. Once I deleted the other one I could activate this one, and it now works. Thanks for the support.

Anytime!

Please mark as solution so we can close this topic!

Have a nice day!

Anonymous
Not applicable

folks for the replies.

botty_1-1674740833598.png

The relationships are between 'Closed' in the SR tables, and 'Month' in the GAG Costs table.

There is a relationship, but what is can see is that the relation**bleep** is inactive. You should activate it in order for GAG Costs to filter Insidents

PabloDeheza
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous !
Check if the relationship between the table where the date is comming from, and 'SR Incidents Closed' is correct. Check if its active, if both columns in the relationship have the same data type...

Let me know if that helps!

LQuedas
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @Anonymous 

it seems to be a potential model issue, can you share a screenshot of you Model?

Cheers, LQ

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.