Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CalebR
Resolver I
Resolver I

One Slicer to Filter Itemcode in two locations.

Hello,
So I already have my data model laid out and Im having an interesting issue. Youll see I have two slicers for ItemCode in the top left. This is because my highlighted table at the bottom looks at the recent purchase orders for selected item code. I originally just had one slicer to select itemcode from my ItemWarehouse table, but it then caused the measures in that bottom table to not work properly since itemwarehouse is not directly related to that purchaseorder table. Due to this I had to add another slicer that filters the itemcode in the purchaseorder table as well. 

CalebR_2-1679411830459.png

Is there a way to create a sort of master-slicer? That way a user who uses this dashboard doesnt have to select the same item code twice?
Im not sure if seeing my data relationships help but here they are with the tables where itemcode is coming from 

CalebR_3-1679412002001.png

Thank you in advance for any help/ideas you have! 

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

I don't see a data model. I see a bunch of tables connected in inventive ways 🙂

Rethink your data model. Identify dimension tables and fact tables. Avoid bidirectional joins unless absolutely required.

I dont know what you mean but I got it figured out, just connected PurchaseOrderDetail directly to CI-Item where the other item code was and it works just fine.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.