Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dramirezkon
Frequent Visitor

ORACLE CONNECTION

Hi!

I have a connection with Oracle Database, but when I try to update, PowerBI's output was this error: 'DataSource.Error: An error occurred when reading data from the provider: 'Reference to object not set as an instance of an object.'

I try open the connection on SQL Developer and Python and the connection was excelent, without error, the queries run excelent and fast, etc. But, on PowerBI had that error.

I updated the Oracle Database Access Client, thats the first action that microsoft documention recommended, unistall and install again Oracle an PowerBI but the error continues.

What can I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@dramirezkon , After you install the Oracle client. Add oracle client's path in Windows Path .

Also, You can create a tns entry and try to use that

refer all the steps by user https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Getting-Power-BI-Desktop-to-work-with-Oracle-ODAC-after-ver...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@dramirezkon , After you install the Oracle client. Add oracle client's path in Windows Path .

Also, You can create a tns entry and try to use that

refer all the steps by user https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Getting-Power-BI-Desktop-to-work-with-Oracle-ODAC-after-ver...

Thanks, that's works. Also, Oracle's Documentation has a subject about Power BI connection, and I founded on the link

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.