Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

thomascs

OKViz Synoptic Panel Color Changes

First off, let me say that this visual is awsome. I'm able to visualize a building plan within Power BI now.

But I've had problems with the colors of the area's. I want to color my area's based on the categories.

Whenever I change the color, it jumps back to some other default color. I can't seem to change te color. What could be causing this?

Color Changes

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks Dale,

I found the gihub issues page where I posted the question: https://github.com/okviz/SynopticPanel/issues/32

quote: "It is an incompatibility with Themes. The workaround is to write the custom color hex code by pressing Custom color button. We will include a fix in the next update, but I don't have any ETA for the moment."

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ripstaur
Helper III
Helper III

Why are you saying this is a solution? This appears to be stating that there is no solution. Why is the default color even there? Why can't it be turned off? I am trying to display a risk cube. Everything works but in any case where there are no values, the color appears washed out because the "Default color" (white) apparently masks it. You can't set the color to #FFFFFF00 because you are limited to six characters for custom colors, and there are no transparency settings. 

It's not encouraging that someone was going to include a fix in the next update, but that was 6 years ago. Just too hard to fix? 

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @thomascs,

Since it's a custom visual, please contact the author directly here.

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Dale,

I found the gihub issues page where I posted the question: https://github.com/okviz/SynopticPanel/issues/32

quote: "It is an incompatibility with Themes. The workaround is to write the custom color hex code by pressing Custom color button. We will include a fix in the next update, but I don't have any ETA for the moment."

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.