Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hexeh
Frequent Visitor

ODBC Simba driver for BigQuery

Hello!

After updating Simbda Driver to latest version (2.2.0.1005) DSN-connections to BigQuery cause error:

ODBC: 
ERROR [HY000]
[Simba][BigQuery] (100) Error interacting with REST API: Already Exists: Dataset PROJECT_ID:_bqodbc_temp_tables

I figured out Simba tried to create dataset for large results (it's name configured via LargeResultDataSetId option and is _bqodbc_temp_tables by default).

The problem seem to be caused by the fact I need multiple near-simalteneous updates for different tables and datasets - driver tried to create new temporary dataset for each new connection without explicit check of its existance and failes with already exists error. I've tried to unset this parameter value via DSN settings, but in that case default name is used when Standard SQL dialect is picked.

Obviously this behavior relates only to the Simba driver and can't be resolved outside of their team, but my question is - why is there no possibility to override advanced DSN settings inside ODBC connection string?

I've tried to define specific value via connection string as follows, but it is ignored for some reason:

= Odbc.DataSource(
	"dsn=" 
		& dsn_name 
		& ";LargeResultDataSetId=_tmp_results_" & report_suffix, 
	[
		HierarchicalNavigation=true, 
		CreateNavigationProperties = false
	]
)

Is there any option of guaranteed override inside Power BI?

1 REPLY 1
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hexeh ,

Sorry I can't replicate your issue, please raise the ticket to support team: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Support Ticket.gif

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.