Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jackiedebruin
Frequent Visitor

ODBC: ERROR [IM003] Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 1114

Hi all,

I have a connection with an ODBC database (System DSN; 64x) and the test was successful. 

Figure1.png

I am also able to access the database in Excel:

Figure4.PNG

However, when I try to connect to the ODBC database in Power BI I get the following error:

ODBC: ERROR [IM003] Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 1114: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed. (Pervasive ODBC Interface, C:\Program Files\Actian\PSQL\bin\odbcci64.dll)."

Figure3.png

I have checked and the file is available in the folder that Power BI is referring to.

I have the following Power BI Desktop version:

Figure2.PNG

The PSQL client application is installed on the same laptop as the Power BI Desktop application.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jackiedebruin
Frequent Visitor

UPDATE: apparantly the PSQL Client application that I was using is obsolete. After I installed a newer version the problem was resolved and I was able to make a connection with the data in Power BI.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ADAN-RIVERA

i had the same error could help on this ?

jackiedebruin
Frequent Visitor

UPDATE: apparantly the PSQL Client application that I was using is obsolete. After I installed a newer version the problem was resolved and I was able to make a connection with the data in Power BI.

Hi @jackiedebruin  , can you please add the steps to update the PSQL client application. I am also facing the same issue.

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.