Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [MySQL][ODBC 1.2(w) Driver][mysqld-5.7.12 mongosqld v2.8.1]Unknown database

PowerBi Mongo error.jpg 

Hi Geeks,                                  

I was trying to connect mongoDB database with PowerBI desktop. I had installed BI connector, Mongo ODBC driver and even connected the database with PowerBI but i got a error when i click on Load. I need a immediate help. Thank you all in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi, @v-lili6-msft

Thank you so much for your response. I already fixed the issue. The thing is we need to specify not just tge database but also the table while creating a mongoDB DSN in odbc .

With regards,

AVINASH S KURUP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous

I have tested on my side, but not reproduce the issue.

Here is a tutorial for your reference:

https://docs.mongodb.com/bi-connector/master/connect/powerbi/

and check if you set up DSN correctly.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi, @v-lili6-msft

Thank you so much for your response. I already fixed the issue. The thing is we need to specify not just tge database but also the table while creating a mongoDB DSN in odbc .

With regards,

AVINASH S KURUP

I am new to the Power BI. Could you please elaborate on how to specify the table name while creating the system DSN for a mongodb database?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.