Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MSA-SOJ
Frequent Visitor

Number format - shows american format in visuals but European everywhere else.

Hello everyone 

I have created a report in Power BI Desktop. It is not linked to Service. 

When i created the report i set the regional settings (local file) to danish, so the number and date format would be correct, but for some reason the format is only correct in the query editor and data view. When I create a visual (table), it shows the numberformat as an american format. 

I have Windows 10 on my computer, if that can affect the problem somehow. My regional settings in windows is set to danish as well. 

Datasource is an azure sql-server database.

I hope you guys can help me, thanks in advance

EDIT - SOLUTION:

It was the Windows region settings making the mess. It was set to "English (Denmark)" before and after I changed it to "Danish (Denmark)" PBI Desktop formatted correctly after a restart.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MSA-SOJ
Frequent Visitor

It was the Windows region settings making the mess. It was set to "English (Denmark)" before and after I changed it to "Danish (Denmark)" PBI Desktop formatted correctly after a restart.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MSA-SOJ
Frequent Visitor

TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi MSA-SOJ,

Could you please share the screenshot to us for analysis?

Generally, the number format displayed in visual should be same in model, please try to change it in Modeling -> Formatting.

Snipaste_2019-04-02_13-52-44.png

Best Regards,

Teige

Hi Teige

Thanks for replying 

Here is a number of screenshots of my data, and what i have tried since i submitted the question:

My numbers in query editor -  the data is shown and the only steps made are source and navigation:

Here my numbers have a comma for decimals, which is what i want. 

Query editorQuery editor

The the data view my numbers is also have commas for decimals. 

Data viewData view

The the report view in my visuals the numbers are formattet american and have a dot for the decimals. The modelling > formatting is greyed out here. 

Report viewReport view

The things i have tried includes:

Format the numbers as text in query editor and using DAX VALUE() to correct it - still american format

Using DAX FORMAT() - kinda worked as i had commas, but formattede my numbers as text, which ruined the aggregating functions and removed the totals in my visuals. 

Formatting numbers as danish currency using modeling > formatting - still american format in visuals. 

I hope this i enough information for you to help me better.

Thank you alot 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.