Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

theDarkPrince
Advocate II
Advocate II

Not getting option for time intelligence in quick measures

Hi everyone. I'm trying to figure out how to use the Quick measures options to create a Time-intelligence measure. However, unlike before I do not see a separate section for time-intelligence related operations (YTD, Rolling Avg. etc.) I have the latest version of PBI Desktop installed at the time of posting this on the forum (April '21 update, I believe).Please find reference image below. Any help is appreciated. Much thanks in advance. 🙂 Have a great one ahead.

P.S. : I noticed that in one of the answers to a similar question, @Greg_Deckler said that they probably went GA. However, it sems like it was more of a question from him (probably, he was just as curious abt it as I am). It's be great if someone knows the definite answer for this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @theDarkPrince ,

For your problems, according to the restrictions given in the official website document, we can't create time intelligence quick measures when working in DirectQuery mode. Therefore, if you still need the function of quick measurement, please change the connection mode of the data source.

v-henryk-mstf_0-1618972867376.png

v-henryk-mstf_1-1618972896389.png

Here is the reference document link: Use quick measures for common and powerful calculations - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @theDarkPrince ,

For your problems, according to the restrictions given in the official website document, we can't create time intelligence quick measures when working in DirectQuery mode. Therefore, if you still need the function of quick measurement, please change the connection mode of the data source.

v-henryk-mstf_0-1618972867376.png

v-henryk-mstf_1-1618972896389.png

Here is the reference document link: Use quick measures for common and powerful calculations - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

are you using direct query?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Yes, I am. Although, I should mention that my Date table is in import mode only & is generated with M-script in PBI Desktop itself.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It might easily be that in DQ mode the Quick Measures feature is not available in full or in part. As I mentioned before, you could try to have your Date table in dual mode and see what happens then. By the way, all your dimensions could/should be in dual mode and the most granular fact tables should be in DQ. You should create aggregations to speed up the measures and model itself.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.