Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

roshanrokaya99

Not Displaying Data. Urgent Help Needed!!!!

Hey guys,

I have a table containing weight which is measured almost every minute of an hour. I have data for about 10 days. The screenshot is below: 

Weight TableWeight Table

Value - Weight in KG

I separated date to date-only and time-only columns to relate the time-only column to the time dimension table.

The time dimension table is shown below which records every second, minute, and hour of a day and groups time by the hour, am/pm, bins, and so on. 

Time DimesnionTime Dimesnion

I created a relationship as the picture below:

RelationshipRelationship

However, when I try to slice the average by hour number, I get the result shown below:

Blank rows and missing data. I know Friday has data from 2 am to 8 am but the table is not showing it at all. 

the first row which is blank is supposed to be hour number 0 or 12 AM.

Table DataTable Data

Please if anyone can tell me what is going on. I have wasted hours trying to figure out the solution. 

2 REPLIES 2
Arul
Super User
Super User

@roshanrokaya99 ,

you are trying to filter the data from non-filtering table. That could be the problem, try to change the cross filtering direction and check.

Thanks,

Arul

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

LinkedIn

tkramer
Frequent Visitor

This does not solve the issue.  I have the exact problem with my time dimension table as well.  There should be no rows blank, as this is my FACT table with IDs.  However, 6,690 rows are blank for just the month of March and I do not understand why.  

tkramer_0-1679422693729.png

Here is the schema.  I am using the Time Dimension table from Radicad.

I am relating the "Time" in the dimension table to the "CreateTime" in the Fact.  They are both Data type "Time".  Changing these columns to type Text does not seem to work for me either.  

I can drop the PBIX file if needed.

Screenshot 2023-03-21 at 2.17.06 PM.png   Screenshot 2023-03-21 at 2.23.29 PM.png

Did anyone find the solution to this issue?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.