Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

dude95
Resolver I
Resolver I

New oData tables not showing up in feed

Community,

I've got a report created from an oData feed.  I created the oData and the report so I'm 100% in control of both sides.  Spent a lot of time on the report - now I've added a brand new section of functionality with several new tables in addition to the 12 that are already there.

Power BI is fairly new - so I'm relying on google and the kindness of strangers when I get stuck - and I'm stuck.  How do I get those new tables to show up in my report?  Simply refreshing the data doens't seem to work? 

I renamed the pbx file and then changed the data source to the same data source.    That brought in the new tables, but it forgot about the renaming of some of the original tables I had done months ago.  I'm sure I'm missing something simple - can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Clicked around and finally found a solution that works for me.  Simply added a new source in power query and reinput the odata feed that I already had.  I then selected only the new tables.  That left my old tables alone, while adding the new.

I'm assuming that this will only lead to a single call of the odata.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@dude95 I'm sure there is source and navigation step in your power query, if you go to source/navigaton step and refresh it there, you should able to see new tables. if not sure can you share query steps?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Refreshing the navigation step only affects the single table - I can't get it to gather in the new tables that are available in the oData.

Clicked around and finally found a solution that works for me.  Simply added a new source in power query and reinput the odata feed that I already had.  I then selected only the new tables.  That left my old tables alone, while adding the new.

I'm assuming that this will only lead to a single call of the odata.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.