Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Ocoder
Helper I
Helper I

New error occurring for no obvious reason. Can't load SharePoint list

After working with a SharePoint list for a number of weeks and having successful data import to Power BI, we made some changes to the list to remove old columns and change the value types on a couple of columns.  Around this time we have also encountered a new error.  Based on where this error occurs in the data import process and the content of the error, it seems like the changes we made should not be the cause.  Still, I provided the information for full disclosure, and to cover for the fact that Microsoft errors are frequently misleading.  We have around 12 lists being imported from the same data source and only one is failing with this error.

Expression.Error: The columns parameter must be null, specify the number of columns, specify a list of column names, or specify a table type.
Details:
[List]

This error occurs in the M query at the last line shown here:

let
Source = SharePoint.Tables(DataSource, [Implementation="2.0", ViewMode="All"]),
#"dde03a1b-bc3c-41ee-99b7-ef162bf8cbab" = Source{[Id="dde03a1b-bc3c-41ee-99b7-ef162bf8cbab"]}[Items],

I would try to make changes to SharePoint, but due to the nature of SharePoint, it's hard to roll back test changes like this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ocoder ,

This is a bug (#ICM: 240456214) on SharePoint Online Lists V2.0. And the Product Team are working on it. Please be patient and I'll post here once there are any updates.

Please check if V1.0 is working for you.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ocoder ,

This is a bug (#ICM: 240456214) on SharePoint Online Lists V2.0. And the Product Team are working on it. Please be patient and I'll post here once there are any updates.

Please check if V1.0 is working for you.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Ocoder
Helper I
Helper I

I have an update to the issue.  I was able to make a copy of the table structure by making a new list from an existing list.  This new list also has the same error.  After deleting all of the columns I could from the new list, it still has the same error.  So now I have a completely empty, bare-bones table that generates this error when trying to add it to Power BI.  I am thinking this is some kind of corruption in SharePoint so I will post a question in their forum.  But any information the experts in this forum can give will be helpful since I detect a high level of finger pointing about to happen.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.