Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

RoastedReporter
Regular Visitor

New card visual - Display Units in Reference labels

Hi,

I'm trying out the new card visual but the visual doesn't respond to modifications of the units or decimal place.

Everything else is responding normally (like font color etc).

Anyone else having the same issue?

RefLabels.PNG

12 REPLIES 12
mesteve13
Regular Visitor

With the new version, it works!!! However, I still encounter the same problem with the details of the Reference labels. It's a percentage, but It display in the same format that his reference label:

mesteve13_0-1703062230128.png

Regards

I have the exact problem with the display units when it comes to putting a detail. the format stays identical to the reference. the workaround i found was to put customize and set the format to the wanted ( expected ) result.

Hectormla
Frequent Visitor

Captura de pantalla 2023-12-16 a la(s) 9.21.10.png

I am experiencing the same issue.

I installed the latest version (2.123.742.0 64-bit), but the problem seems to be dependent on the measure. All measures are in dynamic format and depend on the selection made in the segment. As shown in the screen capture, the 'InOp' measurement is in millions, 'InOp Ant' doesn’t have a specified format, and the format in the measurement is dynamic too. However, the 'ANT Cliente' measurement is correct and has the same dynamic format, while 'InOp NN' measurement has the wrong format (it follows the same dynamic format).

In conclusion, this bug appears to be specific to certain measures, and it doesn't make sense. If I change the measurement content of 'ANT Cliente' with the same formula as 'InOp Ant,' the format changes and displays the incorrect format.

These are the measures and the dynamic format:

• InOp = CALCULATE([Ingresos], centrocosto[codigo]="1010")
  • InOp Ant = CALCULATE([InOp], SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR(Calendario[Date]))
  • ANT Cliente = CALCULATE(SUM(ventasdetalle[valbruto]), tipotransaccion[id]=65)

The dynamic format is: SELECTEDVALUE(EscalaCifra[UnitFormattingString])

mesteve13
Regular Visitor

I experience the same issue, but it depends on the measure.

I have tried both versions that you mention.

mesteve13_0-1702634298192.png

Hi,

I just received a new computer with Windows 11 and installed the PBI Desktop from the recommended MS download site.

Now the new card visual is working as expected... I was running Win10 on my previous machine.. Don't know if this could have any effect on the preformance of the visual..?

I don't think that's the solution.

I have Windows 11 Business, and of course, I downloaded Power BI from Microsoft.

Maybe I'll wait until next week for the new version, uninstall everything, and then install it again.

I have the exact same problem since the update came out, I was waiting for the new update to see if it improves, but for now, the error is quite annoying.

JuliePerron
Regular Visitor

I am also unable to display the correct display units, they show all together regardless of the format set. I am using the latest version 2.123.742.0 64 bit

v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RoastedReporter ,

After testing, I wasn't able to reproduce this behaviour.
The Power BI Desktop versions I tested were 2.123.684.0 64-bit and 2.123.742.0 64-bit.
Try completely uninstalling and reinstalling the latest version of Power BI Desktop.
Download Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center
See if that solves the problem. If that doesn't work, please consider posting more details or test files and I'll investigate further, thanks!
How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum -- China Power BI User Group

Hi,

I unistalled and reinstalled from the official download center but the issue remains.

Desktop version is 2.123.742.0 64-bit.

Here is a test file with some sample data:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ovuSqE0no7YspTDaiVEsRYeqZXiaWX8P/view?usp=drive_link

Below screenshot from this file, everything else can be modified except units and decimal places:

RoastedReporter_0-1701247886478.png

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@RoastedReporter , I tried, and seems like worked for me. Make sure the Correct measure is selected in select label

amitchandak_1-1700746913429.png

Hi,

The correct measure is selected under labels:

RoastedReporter_0-1700807409163.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.