Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ajrodr82
Regular Visitor

New Product label

Hello, 

I have a pbi report I'm trying to create that takes a Product name that has a DNU (do not use) label with it and strips it off. When I do this, I lose the total row. See screenshots below and link to model. Any thoughts? 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rx6IULdeDI985CL8Zm6wv6Q6Sli6LNgk/view?usp=sharing

Capture.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ajrodr82 ,

If you don't have a column that provides row context, the measure returns an aggregated value. The same is true for two measures, which return two aggregated values. The aggregated value of the measure itself is a total, so you don't need another row for totals.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.           

Mkarwa-123
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hello @ajrodr82  instead of a meaasure you need to add a column to the table. 

Mkarwa123_0-1692365298931.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! If my post helped you, why not give it a thumbs-up?

Well, I do know that I could just do a column to solve the problem but the dataset is 4+billion rows and I'm trying to avoid that kind of a change requiring me to redeploy and processing all the partitions. Is this possible with a measure somehow? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.