Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MarkPHarris1
Helper I
Helper I

Network Navigator Visual - Data Model Configured to Filter showing all connected items

Hi There,

I was wondering if you could help me, I'm currently using the Network Navigator Visual to display a collection of dependencies on a project, and how they relate to each other - the data looks a bit like this:

ReceivingDependency - DeliveringDependency

111112                            111113

111113                            111114

111115                            111113

My problem is, when I filter using receiving dependency in a slicer, I want to be able to see all the dependencies also linked further down the chain and not just the those dependencies directly linked to the dependency I select. For example above I would like to see 11115 when I filter on 11112.  I tried using the PATH function, however I mostly hit errors either saying:

The value '111112' in 'Query1'[ReceivingDependency ] must also exist in 'Query1'[DeliveringDependency]. Please add the missing data and try again. Or another having a issue with blank values. Can any of you help with getting this filtering working?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

4 REPLIES 4
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Here is a sample implementation

Solved: Filtering most detailed level, but displaying valu... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Basically it is pointer gymnastics.

@MarkPHarris1 i am trying to implement solution for same scneario where i have edges of graph like below:

sourceDestination
AB
BC
CD
DE
F

--> i am also trying to achieve solution for same problem that, at any time time if i select specific "source" node, i want to see all other edges from that node.
--> lets say in above example if i select "C", i want to see: C->D, D->E , E->F info.
@MarkPHarris1 could you please share your solution on how did you achieve this. thanks in advance.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

from your sample it is not clear how 111115 would depend on 11112. It's not in the delivering column, for starters. Or do you mean that it should appear because both depend on 11113 ? In that case you can use the "Filtering up" code pattern.

hi Ibendlin,

Thanks for this, you are right I miss typed my example. It should be:

ReceivingDependency - DeliveringDependency

111114                            111110

111113                            111114

111115                            111113

If it helps each id represents a task on a project, so task 111115 requires something to be delivered from 111113. The idea is this filter will also show the top record - 111114 to 11110 when filtering on the bottom one(each line represents a record. That filtering up code pattern sounds interesting, I had a bit of a look in Marco Russo's dax patterns book and online and couldn't find a link to how to do that, do you mind sharing?

Thanks again,

Mark  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.