Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

avinaash
Advocate II
Advocate II

Need to give an option to select which one is to be drilled out in Power BI Matrix

Assume I have a matrix as shown below,

avinaash_1-1614073386201.png

On clicking on any of the base column values, I need first to get a popup like thing before the drill down. In the pop up I need to get list of columns which must be the in the drill down. As shown below, on clicking on "Bas_Col_1".

avinaash_2-1614074361779.png

Next, the drill down should happen based on the click on these buttons. For instance, in the below example, I have clicked "Column A".

avinaash_3-1614075537392.png

Similarly, on the next drill down rest columns should appear as shown below.

avinaash_4-1614075776787.png

Again, whichever column I clicked should be the next drill down. In the below example I clicked the "Column C".

avinaash_5-1614076112117.png

And it should go on. It can go on any combination.

Is this possible? If not, what is the alternative? Are there any third-party visualizations?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@avinaash , I doubt this possible in power bi. Please create an idea : https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@avinaash , I doubt this possible in power bi. Please create an idea : https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.