Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Need suggestion for Creating Employee Hierarchical data in Power BI - mainly which visual to use

I have pulled all the employees data from my company's Active directory into a database. I have also identified the hoerarchy and stored that data too.

I am just looking for a suggestion for a visual which I can use which will show the data in a tree structure > Like Manager and then branches out to reportees. But i am looking for cards to display each employee which also shows the employee's image and may be description like Title etc. I am not able to find such a visual yet.

Also my company is using Microsoft for all employee management - can someone suggest how to pull the employee image from MS into my database ? Basically i have the employee fullname, user name, emp no. etc details from Active directory - can anything out of that be used to retrieve that info from MS.

2 REPLIES 2

you could try this visual

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104381333?src=office&tab=Overview

I have no idea about extracting the images, however.

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MattAllington  - i already tried the visual you mentioned and i feel the way it displays data is very antiquated. I want to show the data is some cool visual like cards which are normally used these days everywhere. something like this if not better  : 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.