Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help with missing drill through option

Hi All,

I do not see the drill through option on any of my reports. I have a report with multiple pages. I have a Page (this page has multiple graphs that use different datasets, however this one scenario is related a graph that shows the counts by week). The other tab has the counts by each day . I have the same dataset ( direct query) . I have the same filters on both the tabs (year and weekofyear). The main report has the "crossreport" turned off, the target report has the "crossreport" turned on. I added the (year and weekofyear to the drillthorugh fields on the target tab). On both the tabs in option>currentfile>reportsettings i checked the crossreport box.  I went through many links posted here, i downloaded the latest version and still i cannot see the drillthrough option. Please advice.

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

By my test with the latest version of Power BI desktop, I cannot reproduce your issue.

Here is my test output.

main.pngtarget.png

You could refer to my test pbix which has been attached.

If you still need help, please share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce the issue, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks still the same issueCapture816.PNG

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

By my test with the latest version of Power BI desktop, I cannot reproduce your issue.

Here is my test output.

main.pngtarget.png

You could refer to my test pbix which has been attached.

If you still need help, please share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce the issue, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

on my one drive online i have other sensitive  stuff. is there another way i can share the report?

Hi @Anonymous ,

Firstly, I'm afraid that the Cross-report option will not affect the drill through by my test.

Untitled.png

In addition, what's version of power bi desktop currently?

Besides, you just share the sample pbix which could reproduce your issue, you could mask your sensitive data before uploading.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, i am using the following version. Can i not upload the .pbix file? The reason being that on the link that you wanted me to share has many other folders.

Capture815.PNG

Hi @Anonymous ,

I'm afraid that you'd better update your power bi desktop to be the latest one 2.72.5556.701. You could download from here.

If you still have problems with the latest version, let me know.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks still the same issueCapture816.PNG

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry for the delay.

For further help, you'd better share your sample pbix which could reproduce your issue so that we could have a test on it. You could upload the pbix in your personal OneDrive and paste the link here. Do mask the sensitive data before uploading.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks v-piga-msft, yours show tables , mine is a graph does that make a difference? This is really insane when i opened the powerbi desktop it asked me to update and when i did , now i cannot see the cross report option , i clicked on options and current file report settings i do not see the cross report option. this is getting really weird, why should i update, why do i get the pop up to update and i ignore the pop up the reports not showing any data. st@#$$%t tool everCapture814.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.