Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cris0410

Need help with creating a dynamic column in Power BI

Hello, I'm trying to find a way to turn a measure into a filter (I know I can't add a measure as a filter) and that's why I'm asking for help because I haven't found a way to create a dynamic column that can vary depending on the selected date.

The table is divided into columns of clicks, daily sales, ACOS, and dates, and the mentioned measure has the following formula to know the performance of the search terms of my campaigns.

Performance =

IF (AND ([Clicks] >= 10, [Total Sales per Day] = 0), "Bleeder",

IF (AND ([Clicks] < 10, [Total Sales per Day] = 0), "Untested",

IF ([ACOS] > 0.25, "Unprofitable",

IF (AND ([ACOS] >= 0.15, [ACOS] < 0.25), "Profitable**",

IF ([ACOS] < 0.15, "Profitable", BLANK())))))

The problem is that when I filter a word by a date range, the same word appears in the "Bleeder" and "Profitable" category, for example, because it takes into account the daily result and does not make the total sum...

If anyone can help me, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
olgad
Super User
Super User

Hi, it is hard to follow what you would like to achieve. Can you post the sample data and the output you want versus what you get? May be field parameters can help.

DID I ANSWER YOUR QUESTION? PLEASE MARK MY POST AS A SOLUTION! APPRECIATE YOUR KUDO/LIKE!
PROUD TO BE A SUPER USER!
Best Stories, Interesting Cases: PowerBI Storytime Newsletter
Linkedin Profile: Linkedin
YouTube Channel: PowerBI Storytime

I have data organized in several columns, such as:

• Dates
  • Search terms
  • Clicks
  • ACOS
  • Daily sales

When I add a column with a formula, the result is incorrect when I filter by a date range, because the formula performs daily calculations instead of totals for the selected date range and search term in the filter. In the attached image, you can see that when I filter for the search term "plantillas de gel mujer" in a certain date range, the matrix shows correct results for the selected date range as "Profitable**", but in the filter, it shows "Profitable" and "Untested", which is incorrect as it should only display "Profitable**".

Clearly, I have a measure in the matrix and the column with the aforementioned formula in the filters.

Therefore, I am not sure how to get it to display the correct result.

Example measure vs filter.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.