Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JacoMathew
Frequent Visitor

Need help with conditional formatting of Y axiz value

Hi PBI users,

I have a clustered bar chart with Product in Y Axis and Cost and Sales in X Axis. I have also added a Product slicer to the page. I would like to colour the Axis value based on the slicer selection. Since it's not possible to conditional fomat the bars when more than 1 value is used, I thought of colouring the Axis value. So if A is selected in the slicer, then the text A in the visual will be a different colour. There is an fx option for the Y Axix value font colour, but that affects every value in the Axis. Saw this idea from 2 years ago. Not sure if this has been added to PBI version.

JacoMathew_0-1682396830873.png

JacoMathew_1-1682396877594.png

I would like to either conditional colour the bars or the Axis value. Any suggestion on how to achieve this ?

Thanks,

Jaco

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JacoMathew
Frequent Visitor

@ Power BI Dev Team,

Please don't wait for an Idea to have enough votes to make it happen. If a bug / issue is reported with a feature that is available in a PBI version and it makes sense, it should be taken up regardless of the number of votes.

Thanks,

Jaco

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JacoMathew
Frequent Visitor

@ Power BI Dev Team,

Please don't wait for an Idea to have enough votes to make it happen. If a bug / issue is reported with a feature that is available in a PBI version and it makes sense, it should be taken up regardless of the number of votes.

Thanks,

Jaco

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JacoMathew ,

According to the message in the idea does not indicate that the idea has been implemented. You can vote for it and 

wait for users with the same needs as you to vote for you to help make it happen as soon as possible.

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.