Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Mystery
Helper I
Helper I

Need help in DAX function

Hi,

I am evaluating the below DAX expression

Column 2 = contains(bi_salesFact,bi_salesFact[ProductID],"785",bi_salesFact[Revenue],68.1975)

I get a true where I have a combination as mentioned above.
But for table rows where the ProductID and Revenue values are different there also true is displayed.
Is this the expected behaviour.

Regards
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @Mystery

The code you show will yield the same result in every row and it will be TRUE if the table contains that combination anywhere, in any of the rows. Check the syntax for CONTAINS

What do you need? A calculated column that tells you whether that row has the combination (ProductID, Revenue) you show? If so, you can use this for your column:

Column 2 = bi_salesFact[ProductID]="785" &&  bi_salesFact[Revenue]=68.1975

or this if you were to modify your code to make it work:

Column 2 = contains(CALCULATETABLE(bi_salesFact) ,bi_salesFact[ProductID],"785",bi_salesFact[Revenue],68.1975)

The first version is simpler and more efficient.The second is just for illustrative purposes, but not recommended.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @Mystery

The code you show will yield the same result in every row and it will be TRUE if the table contains that combination anywhere, in any of the rows. Check the syntax for CONTAINS

What do you need? A calculated column that tells you whether that row has the combination (ProductID, Revenue) you show? If so, you can use this for your column:

Column 2 = bi_salesFact[ProductID]="785" &&  bi_salesFact[Revenue]=68.1975

or this if you were to modify your code to make it work:

Column 2 = contains(CALCULATETABLE(bi_salesFact) ,bi_salesFact[ProductID],"785",bi_salesFact[Revenue],68.1975)

The first version is simpler and more efficient.The second is just for illustrative purposes, but not recommended.  

Thanks let me check that out.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.