Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help determining projected date of project with Start Date and number of business days

Hello,

I am working on a report to project target dates for a project taking into account Days of Development Work, PTO requests, and Days of QA Testing. I have the code to exclude weekends, but I keep getting an error "The result of a conversion or arithmetic operation is either too large or too small".

Projected Release Priority = 
    VAR CurrentDate = 'Calendar'[Date]

VAR NextWorkingDates = 
        FILTER(
            ALL('Calendar'),
            'Calendar'[Date] > CurrentDate && 'Calendar'[WeekdayWeekend] = "Weekday" )
    VAR CountofReleasePriorityDays = 'PTO Cushion'[PTO Cushion Value] + 'Days of QA Testing'[Days of QA Testing Value] + 'Product Release Priority Projects'[Days of Dev Work (Release Priority)]
    VAR NextWorkingDays = 
        TOPN(CountofReleasePriorityDays, NextWorkingDates, 'Calendar'[Date], ASC)

VAR Result = MAXX( NextWorkingDays, 'Calendar'[Date])

RETURN Result

The code works when I replace the "CountofReleasePriorityDays" variable in the "NextWorkingDays" variable with a whole number.

Projected Release Priority = 
    VAR CurrentDate = 'Calendar'[Date]

VAR NextWorkingDates = 
        FILTER(
            ALL('Calendar'),
            'Calendar'[Date] > CurrentDate && 'Calendar'[WeekdayWeekend] = "Weekday" )
    VAR CountofReleasePriorityDays = 'PTO Cushion'[PTO Cushion Value] + 'Days of QA Testing'[Days of QA Testing Value] + 'Product Release Priority Projects'[Days of Dev Work (Release Priority)]
    VAR NextWorkingDays = 
        TOPN(64, NextWorkingDates, 'Calendar'[Date], ASC)

VAR Result = MAXX( NextWorkingDays, 'Calendar'[Date])

RETURN Result

This tells me the problem is my variable "CountofReleasePriorityDays". How do I resolve this issue?

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiaosun-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please check whether there is a error of the format of the columns you used in your formula.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ xiaosun

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Yes, I have checked the format and they are all formatted as whole numbers.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.