Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help determining projected date of project with Start Date and number of business days

Hello,

I am working on a report to project target dates for a project taking into account Days of Development Work, PTO requests, and Days of QA Testing. I have the code to exclude weekends, but I keep getting an error "The result of a conversion or arithmetic operation is either too large or too small".

Projected Release Priority = 
    VAR CurrentDate = 'Calendar'[Date]

VAR NextWorkingDates = 
        FILTER(
            ALL('Calendar'),
            'Calendar'[Date] > CurrentDate && 'Calendar'[WeekdayWeekend] = "Weekday" )
    VAR CountofReleasePriorityDays = 'PTO Cushion'[PTO Cushion Value] + 'Days of QA Testing'[Days of QA Testing Value] + 'Product Release Priority Projects'[Days of Dev Work (Release Priority)]
    VAR NextWorkingDays = 
        TOPN(CountofReleasePriorityDays, NextWorkingDates, 'Calendar'[Date], ASC)

VAR Result = MAXX( NextWorkingDays, 'Calendar'[Date])

RETURN Result

The code works when I replace the "CountofReleasePriorityDays" variable in the "NextWorkingDays" variable with a whole number.

Projected Release Priority = 
    VAR CurrentDate = 'Calendar'[Date]

VAR NextWorkingDates = 
        FILTER(
            ALL('Calendar'),
            'Calendar'[Date] > CurrentDate && 'Calendar'[WeekdayWeekend] = "Weekday" )
    VAR CountofReleasePriorityDays = 'PTO Cushion'[PTO Cushion Value] + 'Days of QA Testing'[Days of QA Testing Value] + 'Product Release Priority Projects'[Days of Dev Work (Release Priority)]
    VAR NextWorkingDays = 
        TOPN(64, NextWorkingDates, 'Calendar'[Date], ASC)

VAR Result = MAXX( NextWorkingDays, 'Calendar'[Date])

RETURN Result

This tells me the problem is my variable "CountofReleasePriorityDays". How do I resolve this issue?

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiaosun-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please check whether there is a error of the format of the columns you used in your formula.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ xiaosun

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Yes, I have checked the format and they are all formatted as whole numbers.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.