Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shakeelkhan
Regular Visitor

Need help: To add same description in two different tables

This is one Report with 2 tables:

REPLENISH
DESCRIPTIONCOLORMEASURE
NU529BLACK1
NU529GREY2
NU529NAVY5
P195BLACK1
P196NAVY2

This table i have Measure based on the quantity on this particular shop, based on qty <= 5.
Here i have filter to select Shops.

MATRIX TABLE
STORES12345
DESCRIPTION65473

In this table i need the description  from the table 1, and the all quantity they carry for all the shops.

shakeelkhan_1-1714040884020.png

3 REPLIES 3
shakeelkhan
Regular Visitor

I think I did not explained it very well, my apologies. Thanks for your time. Please can you do it once again.

Style no.ATTRIBUTEStore 1Store 2Store 3Store 4Store 5Store 6
NU529DGRY134820
NU529NAV250394
NU529RED3128542
P209MAR527603
P209BLK123361

I want a matrix table like the above.
1. I need to filter one store, (for quantity =<5) it should only display those styles. BUT
2. The other stores should display all the quantity they have on those styles displayed.

I hope you have solution for this.
Thanks in advance for your kind cooperation.

johnbasha33
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@shakeelkhan 

To combine the information from the "REPLENISH" table with the "MATRIX TABLE" while filtering the "MATRIX TABLE" based on the quantity on a particular shop, you can use a calculated column or measure in Power BI. Below is an example of how you can achieve this using DAX measures:

1. **Create a Calculated Column in "REPLENISH" Table:**
This column will concatenate the "DESCRIPTION" and "COLOR" columns to create a unique identifier for each item.

```DAX
UniqueID = REPLENISH[DESCRIPTION] & "_" & REPLENISH[COLOR]
```

2. **Create a Measure in "MATRIX TABLE" to Filter Based on Quantity:**
This measure will calculate the sum of quantities for each description and color combination where the quantity is less than or equal to 5.

```DAX
TotalQty <= 5 =
CALCULATE(
SUM('MATRIX TABLE'[DESCRIPTION]),
FILTER('MATRIX TABLE', 'MATRIX TABLE'[DESCRIPTION] = SELECTEDVALUE('REPLENISH'[UniqueID]) && 'MATRIX TABLE'[STORES] <= 5)
)
```

3. **Add Description from "REPLENISH" Table to "MATRIX TABLE":**
Drag the "DESCRIPTION" column from the "REPLENISH" table to the "MATRIX TABLE" visualization to display the description alongside the quantities for each shop.

By following these steps, you can integrate the information from the "REPLENISH" table into the "MATRIX TABLE" while filtering the quantities based on the specified condition. This allows you to analyze the quantities carried by each shop for the items specified in the "REPLENISH" table.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos !!

I think I did not explained it very well, my apologies. Thanks for your time. Please can you do it once again.

Style no.ATTRIBUTEStore 1Store 2Store 3Store 4Store 5Store 6
NU529DGRY134820
NU529NAV250394
NU529RED3128542
P209MAR527603
P209BLK123361

I want a matrix table like the above.
1. I need to filter one store, (for quantity =<5) it should only display those styles. BUT
2. The other stores should display all the quantity they have on those styles displayed.

I hope you have solution for this.
Thanks in advance for your kind cooperation.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.