Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sanastasova
Helper I
Helper I

Need help Tableau to DAX

Hi, 

Can you help me convert this TABLEAU formula to DAX?: 

if [Status]= 'Added' then [Frequency]
else -1*[Frequency]
end

Many thanks! 

6 REPLIES 6
Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@sanastasova Create a dax like this:

= IF(Table[Status] = "Added" , [Frequency],-1*[Frequency])

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

Hi, 

I started writing the same thing. However I am not able to select [Status] and [ Frequency] from this table. I can only select created measures from this table . 

@sanastasova Are you using two different tables for this? If yes so make sure you have relationship between those tables.

It would be great if you could share the sample data set of 5-10 records (dummy data) and expetcted output.

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

Hi, 

No the table is one. I cannot attach a file here. In my data set the column [Status] is text, the column [Frequency] is number. I suppose I have to make some sort of aggregation?

Here the table with the data. 

Status Frequency
Added -8
Added 4.3
Added -6.1
Taken 10
Taken 5.87
Taken 7.23
Taken -4.13
Taken 0.5
Taken -12
Taken 8

@sanastasova Use this DAX:

IF(Table[Status] = "Added" , SUM(Frequency), -1*SUM(Frequency) 

With this formula I have the text column as a suggestion, but the column status is still not available from this table

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.