Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

prateekraina
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Need help: Bookmarks remove report level filter

Hi Guys,

I have a report in which i send filters through URL.

Recently i have created bookmarks in which i show and hide a map visual by creating a toggle button approach.

However, after publishing the report, when i click on the toggle button which basically is connected to a bookmark, the filter which was passed by URL gets removed i.e. No value is selected for that Report Level filter.

Can anyone tell any solutions for this issue?

Regards,

@prateekraina

11 REPLIES 11
iceparrot
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hey guys, I know this answer might come late but I found a way how to use bookmarks and keep the report level filter:

1. Create your bookmarks as you did before

2. In the bookmarks pane select the bookmark and switch to Selected Visuals then click into the report and mark all via CTRL + A

3. In the bookmarks pane select the bookmark again and click Update

This safed the issue for me that bookmarks deleted report based filters.

sgargano

Hi @prateekraina , was this ever fixed?

Simply right-click the bookmark and uncheck 'data' category, you will get the report/page level filters kept when you jump between bookmarks.

for more information open this link https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/powerbi-docs/issues/52

I'm afraid thats not the answer @SidiNemine 

I to am having this issue (using Power BI Desktop app for Report server) @prateekraina 

I have a bar chart with the months on and number of objects counted. I put a button that says "show data" and when you click it, it hides the bar chart, and unhides a table which users can export to excel. Problem is, if the user selects April on the bar chart, and clicks this button to show the data, they are expecting to only see rows of data for April, but instead it removes the month filter and shows all data for the entire year!

This is not what a user would expect, it's not what I expect as a developer either.  I do not have data checked in the bookmarks, and I've tried to remove any filtering using interactions button. 

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @prateekraina,

Are you talking about URL query string that appends table/field filtering to report URL? How do you use URL filter in bookmark? Could you please provide more description about "when i click on the toggle button which basically is connected to a bookmark, the filter which was passed by URL gets removed"?

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yulgu-msft

What i meant was my toggle button is basically an image. And when you get property of choosing whether the picture can be used as LINK or not. It can be found in Format pane.

When you set Link to ON, then there are two options: 

One is that you can use this image as back button for your drillthrough feature.

Second is you can use this image as link to your bookmark - it can be any bookmark created by you which you need to choose in dropdown.

I hope i made it clear.

Prateek Raina

Hi @prateekraina,

Thanks for your sharing. We have reported this issue internally. CRI: 50929693.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi was this ever fixed?
tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@v-yulgu-msft: When can we expect to have the ability to override the report level filters in bookmarked pages?  I've got over 150 bookmarked pages (using bookmarks for report navigation) and need to change report level filters (e.g., different country, client, etc.) before user starts navigating around the report.  

@v-yulgu-msft Thank you. 

tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Unfortunately, bookmarked pages retain the report level filter that was set at the time the origianl bookmark page was created (Add).  To change it, you have to go to the bookmarked page and manually change the filter.  Hopefully, the PowerBI team will realize that setting a report level filter should override the setting in ALL bookmarked pages.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.