Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

tjayapal
Regular Visitor

Need different sheet names to be called using query and link in these places in Power Query Editor

Need different sheet names to be called using query and link in these places in Power Query Advanced Editor. I'm using another table to get the sheet name and call that as a query, but not sure how to link in these place, whatever I type, it is showing as error. Need help, thank you in advance for spending time on this. Much appreciated.

tjayapal_0-1651473901481.png

Getting this error

tjayapal_0-1651474379126.png

5 REPLIES 5
danextian
Super User
Super User

M is a case-sensitive language. Should be List.Contains not list.contains thus you're getting an error that the latter wasn't recognized.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.
danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi @tjayapal ,
You can actually connect to multiple sheets in an Excel file easily. Remove all steps after Source in Applied Steps. You will see the list of worksheets, named range, etc in the preview. Filter to Sheet under Kind column and just select the worksheets you need.

danextian_1-1651476074194.png

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.

Hey. Thanks for responding spontaneously. 

I understood your answer, but what I want is that power query editor to act dynamic. In another sheet, I just have only one table where I will fill only one value which is the name of those sheets which I have in my database sheet. So when I change the date in the excel, it should automatically refresh its value, using the sheet which I mentioned instead of manually changing the sheet every time in power query editor. Hope I explaiend clear, if not let know so that I will try to eloborate more.

Here's what I would do

• Create a separate query for the name of sheets and convert it to a list.  Right click the column that contains the name of sheets and then click Drill Down.danextian_0-1651478234826.png

• Filter the table that contains your data using  Table.SelectRows(Source, each List.Contains( Sheets, [Item] ) )
  • danextian_1-1651478357985.png

Change Sheets to the actual query name contains a list of sheet names.

Hey, I can understand what you are trying to say, but I'm really a starter and not sure how to get the 26-Apr-2022 as value, could you help on the exact situation?? See below for screenshot

tjayapal_0-1651483479643.png

tjayapal_1-1651483538359.png

Again thank you so much

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.