Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Avivek
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Need a solution to change 3 different scenarios in a dax

In one of my report the user had suggested to see different scenarios by filtering.Capture.PNG

The above grouping is done based on tag id and tag owner name. Eg., the total procedure for the 1st case where the tag owner is same ie., Aron, the total procedure is (17+1=18) and % of usage would be 94% when order owner was Gram and 6% when order owner was Aron which means when Aron was the tag owner Gram used it more than Aron.

Similarly, for this tag when Adele was the tag owner he used it 56% and was used by pinto 13% and Lele used it 31%. This means Adele used the tag more than the others when he was the tag owner.

In the 3rd case when JD was the tag owner he did not use the tag even once and it was used by Danny 50% time and by Richard 50% time.

There was also another case where for a tag, the tag onwer only has been the order owner and tag wasn't shared by anyone else which would show a % of 100 which we have wxcluded as a filter.

The requirement is to give an option to the user to select from one of the 3 scenarios, (i) if the tag owner has used more than the order owner, (ii)or if order owner has used it more than the tag owner and (iii)if tag owner has not even used once.

I am open to any suggestions.

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Avivek,

You can add a switch function in your DAX format to redirect to different calculation expressions based on the current category value:

My Favorite DAX Feature: SELECTEDVALUE with SWITCH | Winston-Salem Power BI User Group (pbiusergroup...

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Avivek ,

I have a question regarding your requirements, how do you know those 3 options that you refer is it based on the the % of usage?

What do you mean by filtering? they want to have a button or a column that allows that filter?

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

@MFelix ,yes its on % of usage and by whom. And when I say filtering it can be by any which ways.

Hi @Avivek ,

Sorry for the additional questions, but how are you perceveing the user experience on the selection? Do you want them to select for example the highest value or the lowest? How are you envision that?

Can you please share a mockup data or sample of your PBIX file so that I have some resource that better suits your needs. You can use a onedrive, google drive, we transfer or similar link to upload your files.

If the information is sensitive please share it trough private message.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.