Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

yashsharma20

Need Assistance with Power BI and Edge Computing Integration

Hello, fellow forum members!

I'm seeking your valuable insights and assistance regarding the integration of Power BI with edge computing [https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/servers-storage/solutions/edge-computing/]. If you have experience with Power BI and edge computing or related technologies, I would greatly appreciate your guidance and suggestions.

Topic: Power BI and Edge Computing Integration Challenges

Background: I've been utilizing Power BI to analyze and visualize data for my organization, and now I'm exploring the possibilities of leveraging edge computing to enhance data processing and real-time insights. However, I've encountered some challenges in integrating Power BI with edge computing technologies, and I'm hopeful that this community can provide helpful advice.

Specific Issues:

Architecture and Connectivity: I'm interested in understanding the best practices and architectural considerations for integrating Power BI with edge computing devices or platforms. How can I establish a seamless connection between Power BI and edge devices to ensure efficient data transfer and analysis? Any insights into setting up the right connectivity and network infrastructure would be highly appreciated.

Data Synchronization and Real-Time Updates: One of the key benefits of edge computing is the ability to process data locally and provide real-time insights. However, I'm facing difficulties in achieving smooth data synchronization and real-time updates between the edge devices and Power BI. If anyone has successfully implemented this integration and can share their experiences or techniques for ensuring near real-time data updates in Power BI, I would be grateful for your advice.

Edge Analytics and Data Processing: Edge computing offers the potential to perform advanced analytics and data processing at the edge, closer to the data source. I'm particularly interested in exploring how Power BI can leverage edge computing capabilities to analyze and visualize data in real-time. If you have worked on similar projects or have insights into integrating Power BI with edge analytics, I would love to hear your recommendations and best practices.

Edge Device Selection: Choosing the right edge devices or platforms for seamless integration with Power BI can be challenging. If you have experience with specific edge computing devices or platforms that work well with Power BI, please share your recommendations and any considerations to keep in mind during the selection process.

Use Cases and Success Stories: Lastly, if you have implemented Power BI and edge computing integration successfully or have come across any use cases or success stories in this domain, please share them. Learning from real-world examples and practical implementations can provide valuable insights and inspiration for overcoming integration challenges.

I'm eager to hear from anyone who has encountered similar challenges or has expertise in integrating Power BI with edge computing. Your input will be immensely valuable in achieving a seamless and efficient integration that enables real-time data analytics and insights.

Thank you all in advance for your time and support!

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Power BI is pretty much the opposite of Edge computing.  Use Splunk or similar.

One thing you can consider is Hybrid Streaming Datasets.  But even there the data is pushed into the Power BI service, not processed locally.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.