Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Maria_Buzaglo
Helper I
Helper I

Navigate in report pages through drill-through without have to go back to the main page

Hi,

I have a table of projects on the 1st page of the report and I have defined the possibility of "drill through" in the remain pages (details page, topics page, etc).

When I drill through to the details page, this page will show me the details of that specific project without having to select anything on this 2nd page (just through "drill through" funcionality). I would like to have in this details page a button (or something smilar), that says "Next Page" or "Topics" and, on that Topics page, the selected project be the first I already selected in the main page (1st page), without having to go back to the 1st page.

I'm looking for a way to navigate from drill-through 2nd page to drill-through 3rd page without having to go back to the main page.

Bookmarks is not working because it seems static; sync slicers could work but I don't have slicers... When I select one project in the table on the 1st page and do "drill through", I am not using slicers on the pane in the 1st page neither in the remain pages.

Thanks in advance,

Maria Buzaglo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Maria_Buzaglo 

You could just add a drill through field on Page 3, once you select that field in any visuals on Page 2,  the drill through to page 3 should available. However, once you drill through from Page 1 to Page 2, page 2 is filtered to that specific field, you need to remove that filter from the bottom right drill through panel.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Maria_Buzaglo 

You could just add a drill through field on Page 3, once you select that field in any visuals on Page 2,  the drill through to page 3 should available. However, once you drill through from Page 1 to Page 2, page 2 is filtered to that specific field, you need to remove that filter from the bottom right drill through panel.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @Maria_Buzaglo ,

Did this actually solve your problem?

I'm trying to implement this, but it's not working...

Regards,

David

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Maria_Buzaglo ,

May be you can try the following article if that works:

https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/create-a-drill-through-button-in-power-bi/

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Hi @Pragati11 

Well, I understand how to drill through using buttons. Following the example of the article, how could we go from that 2nd page to a 3rd one without go back to the main page again? Suppose that in the 2nd page there is not any table. Just visuals, all of them already showing info just for the project selected in the 1st page. How can I get the 3rd page adapted just for the selected project?

Thanks,

Maria

Hi @Maria_Buzaglo ,

Check this link on how you can create an additional drill-through button from a page which is already a drill-through page:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-may-2020-feature-summary/#_Cond_dest_drill

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.