Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

PhilippeCN
Frequent Visitor

NOT POSSIBLE TO JOIN ON BINARY WITH DIRECTQUERY ??

Hello

impossible to manage relationship when the keys are binary ? 

why my column disappear in the model ?

PLEASE Answer 

3 REPLIES 3
TimoRiikonenSta

I have the same issue:

- You can't convert binary data to text in DirectQuery using PowerQuery

- You can't convert binary data to text using DAX as DAX doesn't see the data

- Binary data doesn't show up in the model at all, so you can't use it on anything

Can you do anything in Power BI or is the only option to convert this data on your data source?

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@PhilippeCN In PQ you can use binary but you cannot load it into the model? What you are actually trying to do?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Hello,

In my database, all the keys (primary, foreign) are in binary format.

I can see these column in the Query Edit ("Binary" appears in yellow instead of the values) 

BUT I cannot Manage Relationships between tables because the column does NOT appear in the Model 

when I try to convert these keys in text, it says that I cannot do this in Direct Query

But I have million of records and I cannot not import

So what can I do ?

@parry2k 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.