Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

enzoperelli

My filter is not properly working

Hi community !

First of all, please see my screenshots to understand the meaning of my question 🙂

I don't understand why the red site filter (coming from SQL_MonthlyDowntimes) is not working on the blue comment (comming from SQL_TechnicalReportingCom...)

This is only working only if I add a new filter with the green site coming from the same table (SQL_TechnicalReportingCom...) which is obviously not a good solution because this filter is already available on my report !

I don't understand why I encounter this issue as per I defined "Site" as the key fiels between my two tables.

Very strange as well : we can see on the toast window that the filter is apparently applied on this table too ...

Thanks in advance for your help !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hello toenzoperelli ,

According to the information you provided, there are the following suggestions:

1. The red site filter field you use comes from the sql_MonthlyDowntimes to filter the sql_TechnicalReporting.

v-yangliu-msft_0-1603187696800.png

2. And the relationship diagram you gave is the one-to-many relationship between the sql_Sitelist table and the sql_TechnicalReporting.

v-yangliu-msft_1-1603187696804.png

3. So you place the slicer field in the wrong table, you should use the Site field in the table sql_Sitelist.

Best regards

Liu Yang

If this post helps,then consider Accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hello toenzoperelli ,

According to the information you provided, there are the following suggestions:

1. The red site filter field you use comes from the sql_MonthlyDowntimes to filter the sql_TechnicalReporting.

v-yangliu-msft_0-1603187696800.png

2. And the relationship diagram you gave is the one-to-many relationship between the sql_Sitelist table and the sql_TechnicalReporting.

v-yangliu-msft_1-1603187696804.png

3. So you place the slicer field in the wrong table, you should use the Site field in the table sql_Sitelist.

Best regards

Liu Yang

If this post helps,then consider Accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster.

enzoperelli

No one ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.