Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

creeves
Frequent Visitor

My Desktop-created report is not published to the Service

I have a desktop dataset (X) which supports a set of Service-based reports (A, B, C, D, E, ...). Updating the dataset X on the desktop, refreshing and publishing to the service ... that updates the Service based reports (A, B, C ...) just fine. What is not published in the Service is the desktop-based Report X ( same name as the datset).

This was working fine until recently, when I noticed that desktop changes to the report  X  were not being updated on the server version of report X. After a few tries I deleted the Server  version of report X , and tried publishing again from the desktop. Report X now does not show up on the Service at all.

4 REPLIES 4
creeves
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for responding.

My concern was, I think, pretty clear in the post: my desktop-produced report not visible on the Service, despite several successful re-publish actions in which the dataset was updated and new measures appeared on the service. 

After several hours (I didn't see it until the next day) and more  re-publish attempts the missing report re-appeared. 

I would be interested in understanding what might be behind that delay.

Most likely caused by your browser cache.  Clear cache or use incognito mode.

Thank you! I will certainly try that if the problem reoccurs.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

ok. what is your concern?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.