Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DanielB_NL
Frequent Visitor

Multiple fact tables / directions of relations

Hi all, 

I'm not really sure what to state as topic, because this I'm not really sure what technique I'm looking for. Let me describe the problem:

• I have projects and the material that is needed to complete these projects are described in multiple lines of the table project_article. 
  • The purchase of these articles is done in the tables Purchase_receipt  and Purchase_receipt_lines: the last one has per article multiple rows with purchase info
  • So each row in the table Project_article has an acticle_code, this also goes for the table Purchase_receipt_line
  • I want to know for each row in project_arctice when I can expect the first delivery of this article: on the purchase receipt line there is a field Order_confirmation_date.
  • I not only want the earliest date for this article_code but also the expected amount. This would be the field Amount_open.

When I make a relation between both tables on the field article_code, I get a many-to-many relation. If I use the table Article  between it, the direction is not good, but I don't know how to fix this. Can someone tell me how to do this? Thanks in advance for the reply!

project_article_vs_purchase_receipt_lines.jpg

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.