Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple conditions and values in a mesaure

Hi everyone!

I'm so stuck with something. I'm trying to create a measure that has to evaluate several conditions for the final value. Please kindly see next pic.

Sin título.png

The 2 tables that I'm trying to use are Zona-Gestión and Inflación, related with IdZonaGestion. In the page of my report I'm displaying several measures in a table visual opened by 'Zona-Gestión'[IdZonaGestion]. The measure that is not working for me, is next:
Measure =
IF(
 'Zona-Gestión'[IdZonaGestion] = "CEN-ROE" || 'Zona-Gestión'[IdZonaGestion] = "CEN-ROW";
 'Inflación'[Inflación CEAM];
 'Inflación'[Inflación Resto]
)

'Zona-Gestión'[IdZonaGestion] is a Column
'Inflación'[Inflación CEAM] and 'Inflación'[Inflación Resto] are Measures

It seems really simple but I can't make it work. The column IdZonaGestion of Zona-Gestión table, is not recognized by the measure.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous

Hi,  The  'Zona-Gestión'[IdZonaGestion] needs a agreggation or in your case VALUES

IF(HASONEVALUE('Zona-Gestión'[IdZonaGestion]);
IF(VALUES( 'Zona-Gestión'[IdZonaGestion]) = "CEN-ROE" || VALUES ('Zona-Gestión'[IdZonaGestion]) = "CEN-ROW";
 'Inflación'[Inflación CEAM]);
)

Lima - Peru

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

'Zona-Gestión'[IdZonaGestion] is a Column
'Inflación'[Inflación CEAM] and 'Inflación'[Inflación Resto] are Measures 

Could you post the formulas for the measures mentioned above? It's better ot share a sample pbix file in this case. You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.Smiley Happy

In addition, what do you mean about "The column IdZonaGestion of Zona-Gestión table, is not recognized by the measure." Could you be more precisely with it?

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-ljerr-msft. Thanks for your reply.

As requested...

Inflación CEAM =
('Inflación'[Inflación Panamá] * ('Inflación'[Ventas USD Panamá] / 'Inflación'[Ventas USD CEAM])) +
('Inflación'[Inflación Costa Rica] * ('Inflación'[Ventas USD Costa Rica] / 'Inflación'[Ventas USD CEAM])) +
('Inflación'[Inflación Honduras] * ('Inflación'[Ventas USD Honduras] / 'Inflación'[Ventas USD CEAM])) +
('Inflación'[Inflación Nicaragua] * ('Inflación'[Ventas USD Nicaragua] / 'Inflación'[Ventas USD CEAM])) +
('Inflación'[Inflación El Salvador] * ('Inflación'[Ventas USD El Salvador] / 'Inflación'[Ventas USD CEAM])) +
('Inflación'[Inflación Guatemala] * ('Inflación'[Ventas USD Guatemala] / 'Inflación'[Ventas USD CEAM]))

An the formula for one contry for each measure above included:

Inflación Panamá =
CALCULATE(
 CALCULATE(
  CALCULATE(
   SUM(
    'Inflación'[Inflacion]
   );
   FILTER(
    'País';
    'País'[IdPais] = "PAN"
   )
  );
  LASTDATE(
   'Inflación'[Fecha]
  );
  USERELATIONSHIP(
   'Inflación'[IdPais];
   'País'[IdPais]
  )
 )
) * 100

Ventas USD Panamá =
CALCULATE(
 CALCULATE(
  'Ventas'[VentasUSD];
  FILTER(
   'País';
   'País'[IdPais] = "PAN"
  )
 );
 USERELATIONSHIP(
  'Inflación'[IdPais];
  'País'[IdPais]
 )
)

Ventas USD CEAM =
'Inflación'[Ventas USD Panamá] +
'Inflación'[Ventas USD Costa Rica] +
'Inflación'[Ventas USD Honduras] +
'Inflación'[Ventas USD Nicaragua] +
'Inflación'[Ventas USD El Salvador] +
'Inflación'[Ventas USD Guatemala]

An the last one requested:

Inflación Resto =
CALCULATE(
 CALCULATE(
  SUM(
   'Inflación'[Inflacion]
  );
  LASTDATE(
   'Inflación'[Fecha]
  )
 );
 USERELATIONSHIP(
  'Inflación'[IdPais];
  'País'[IdPais]
 )
) * 100

About "The column IdZonaGestion of Zona-Gestión table, is not recognized by the measure.", what I mean is that when I start writting with the simple comma so the tables are displayed in the combo, the table "Zona-Gestión" doesn't even appear. What I did is write it without the autocomplete of PowerBI but the final formula marks an error in 'Zona-Gestión'[IdZonaGestion].

Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe this pic helps to clarify what I need:

Sin título 2.png

Thouse columns are all Measures. The last column "Inflación CEAM" is the sum of all previous Measures except "Inflación Resto". Now, what I would need is the principal Measure of "Inflación" that evaluates each row, and when the "DescZonaGestion" is CEAM-Roemmers or CEAM-Rowe the value shown must be the one of "Inflación CEAM", else, must be "Inflación Resto".

Hope this helps to understand my needs.

Thanks in advance.

@Anonymous

Hi,  The  'Zona-Gestión'[IdZonaGestion] needs a agreggation or in your case VALUES

IF(HASONEVALUE('Zona-Gestión'[IdZonaGestion]);
IF(VALUES( 'Zona-Gestión'[IdZonaGestion]) = "CEN-ROE" || VALUES ('Zona-Gestión'[IdZonaGestion]) = "CEN-ROW";
 'Inflación'[Inflación CEAM]);
)

Lima - Peru
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vvelarde, many thanks for your reply and solution! That was I have been looking for. These solved my problem.

Have a great day!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.