Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mellan3
Frequent Visitor

Multiple TopN filters on single slicer on Power bi Desktop

Hi, 

I want to add a slicer to my powerbi report that will give me a drop down of TOP N values to select. 

More Info: 

- Purpose of bi report is to show the number of times that a specific machine within our IT environment has disconnected &  reconnected / tried to reconnect. 
- I want the option to link a slicer to my graph to show the top n values (e.g., top 15/20/30/etc. machines based on times connected)
- so instead of having a slicer that will select all the machines - i want to add the additional slicer that would make it easier for shareholders to filter the grapt to show only the top machines (whatever those top metrics may be) 

Mellan3_0-1686046610877.png

This is an example of a graph i want to connect the slicer to. 

this is some sample DAX i tried but can not seem to get the desired results 

Mellan3_1-1686046712642.png

I really hope someone will be able to give me some guidence. 

thank you 

3 REPLIES 3
whit_21
Regular Visitor
Mellan3
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Shishir22 

Unfortunately i can not sure the data at this time. Perhaps i can just try to explain in more detail. 

Below is a sample of the data that i need to work with. 
From Left to right 
Machine uniqe identifyer - number of times said machine has connected to the system - cumulative percent of total connections - cumulative total. 
I have a total of 65 machines - too many to have on one graph at the same time, this i want to categorize them into groups such as the Top 15 / 30/ 45 / or all 
and i want to make use of a single slicer to switch between these 'groups'

Mellan3_1-1686048461805.png

What i want on my report dashboard is the following: 
- a single slicer that will have a drop down with 4 different Top N values 

So when you select the dropdown on the slicer, you will have the option to only see the top 15/ or top 30/ or top 45  machines (this is measured based on the amount of times the machine tried to connect e.g., if there was a total of 50 connections and a specific machine was responsible for 42/50 connections it would form part of the top 15 group of machines) 

Does this make sence? 

ps - i am new to powerbi so i do not know my way around too well just yet

Shishir22
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello @Mellan3 , 

What issue you are facing in this DAX?

Can you please share PBIX after hiding sensitive data?

Cheers,
Shishir

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.