Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

spsp
Frequent Visitor

Multiple Date Relationships - How to structure these 3 tables in this condition?

I have a Data Structure as below, I did not create any measures to calculate sum, I want to have 2 Reposts showing 1.Total Investment Plan sold with total interest will be distributed, and 2. Future Interest distributed with Future Month.

Both tables share the same Date table, should i create 2 Date tables or how to activate the relationship for each report?

spsp_1-1685589459795.png

spsp_0-1686541205849.png

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Joins 1 and 2 are fine.  Do not join fact tables with each other (remove the third join)

USERELATIONSHIP is used to switch a join between two tables. It does not apply in your scenario.

spsp
Frequent Visitor

Hi, the Monthly Future Interest table is actually a further breakdown of Investment Plan table where plan_id is referrering to Investment Plan table's id column. In some circumstances I would need to perform some displays with 2 tables data. Shall I remove the relationship?

For example as below, I need to filter plan purchase_date and display them in breakdown month

spsp_0-1686537428669.png

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.